Thursday, June 02, 2005

More from the Camera series.

More cameras. I only did three because I ran out of clay. I have a bucket ready to recycle, but I'll be away all weekend and I don't feel like wedging clay right before leaving town. Plus, I'm not packed.

This is my original technique here. I got smart this time and actually made test tiles of the material I was working with, and ascertained that this is mason stain, so I know these will turn out right. It's extravagent in terms of the materials, but they look so lush. I build them solid and then hollow them out so they look nice and chunky. Then I add the bits on. Some of the stains fall off, but a lot will stay on. I hope. You can see in the pic of the first one that I set them in a ceramic tray. They are messy to handle, so they go in the kiln in the tray.

No comments: