Sunday, June 12, 2005

Lazy Sunday Post

Actually, I'm about to lose the use of my computer. Al's son is coming over for a few days since he's out of school (a junior next year!) and they play an internet /LAN game called Neverwinter. We have 3 computers on the LAN but the third one doesn't have a good enough graphics card to run Neverwinter, so that's where I'll be. Probably peacefully playing Civ 3 and listening to the sound of ungodly-slaying-of-eldritch-things coming from the other two computers.

Here's an interesting link: Smithsonian Oral Histories of American artists. I stumbled on it by accident. It's worth sitting down and checking out on a long afternoon sometime. Really indepth interviews with American greats.

To make this post more ceramics-relevant, here's a link to a great interview with Viola Frey who passed away last summer. She was very reticent, so this was a treat to read.

(Sidenote: I was in the next to last class that had her for a teacher before she retired. I was also one of the "lucky" grads that she selected to clean her house once a week. :) )

No comments: