Wednesday, July 20, 2005

More on Painting

Hi folks,

I'm back.

Here are two more progress shots from "ashlar". I've redrawn the walls and the floor to coresspond to the changes in the canvas pieces. The side pieces were too dark to match the "back wall" canvas. You can see in the pictures below kind of what I'm talking about. I like it much better this way, and it makes the space around the canvas claustrophobic, an added plus. I added the shadow behind the book on the wall, which is a vast improvement. I'm trying to get an impression of a strong light shining into a small chamber.

The foreground is a little plain, and I need to do more to the image on the book. It's getting a little overpowered by the drama in the background. But the structure is getting there and I am happy for now.

I ordered my copy of Gallimaufry, by the below mentioned Circus Contraption. I can't wait to paint with it on. Today on my walkman I played Bad Music for Bad People, by The Cramps. After that, If I Should Fall From Grace With God, by the Pogues. Stompin' painting tunes.

MPK

No comments: