Friday, July 08, 2005

Kilauea and environs

Here are pictures taken on the Chain of Craters, as the road is called in Volcano National Park. This is a great trip to take. I'm sorry for all the inane captions. The image software that posts my photos demands a caption to every picture before it will zip it over here. It's rather a strain to my creativity at times :). The sights are pretty awesome and should speak for themselves. I'll always remember zipping down the road through the woods and then **BIG CRATER**, boom. The craters all have dates on signs nearby. Some of them are fairly recent.

I guess you can get a sense of my tastes that I have dozens of pictures of blackened charred earth and only one or two of the beaches.

MPK

1 comment:

MPK said...

Hi!

I use a digital camera. My usual camera is the Canon elph S400. It has its limitations, but is very portable.

These pix at the petroglyphs were actually taken with my dad's camera. My battery ran out so he let me use his. I can't remember the model number. I know it is a Minolta, and might be the Maxxum 7, or something like it. Way more pro than my little guy ;)

MPK