Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Teacher Girl

Yes, it's my first week back at school. Today is day two. First, I salute the students. I remember when 2 1/2 months seemed like a long break. And the 9 months in school seemed like FOREVER. Trust me, it goes by really fast, all of it.

Anyway.

As usual, I'm finding my way in slowly. My role at "adult leader". I see my new students flinch when I walk by and feel bad. I want to tell them my philosophy of life has evolved to this: there are children and there are adults. It does not matter how old you are. I've taught 8 year olds who had a lot on the ball. Very wise and a pleasure to know. I've also taught folk in their 60's who never got it. Who make a room full of 8 year olds look like a walk in the park. Just doesn't matter.

I'm tired today. More later.

Michelle Kern

No comments: