Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just woke up

A dream about my last day of class this year. Of course, odd changes...class is outside on picnic tables and I have a super talented kid who is a mutant that only has hands.

For some reason this year I had considerable anxiety about the end of the year. I had a lot of seniors and I felt like I hadn't done enough for all of them before they went off to graduation. I'm frustrated that my class sizes are so large that I can't spend more time with each student. I'm afraid my shyness will make it impossible for me to ever be able to speak before a large room full of people.

I guess this is why I dream about it, to try to get it right in my mind.

It was a fantastic year actually. I think I just didn't want it to end, even though I was very tired and was tottering around like a little old lady. I was also functioning under the thinnest veneer of humanity since I had just quit smoking.

I'm rambling. Maybe I'll post a link to some pictures from this year later today.

No comments: