Monday, June 09, 2008

A good lunchbreak read

Here's an article that looks great just from the first few paragraphs. It's from The Agony Booth, which is a sort of MST3K/Rifftracks inspired website, only with longer (humorous) analysis. This one is about the Incredible Hulk Movie of 2003. I've only seen bits of that one and that was enough to keep me clicking through the channels.

The Agony Booth is one of my favorite distractions. I don't always agree with their choice of "bad movies" but the writing is clever. It's actually inspired me to seek out some of the "worst" offenders and a couple I've actually enjoyed. But maybe that just means I'm one of the few people who can count themselves a member of the "Zardoz" target audience.

Anything to distract me these days.

I quit smoking. There, I said it.

I've been trying to compose some deep, meaningful insights into this process. I even considered blogging the whole quit from beginning to...hopefully, never smoking again. I don't think I'm there yet. I've isolated myself because my personality is still in free fall and I'm snapping out at things like a psychotic 8 year old. The physical side effects have been an affront to dignity. The mental ones were expected but still dismaying.

There's a scene in Iron Man where Tony Stark is fighting to get that part out of the glass box in his workshop, sweating and emoting and grabbing blindly at stuff to get stuff going so he can keep breathing...that's pretty much where I was a month ago.

Now I'm just living on cough drops and 4 hours of sleep a "night" hoping to get to some version of normal soon. I know I should be getting busy, getting in touch with friends, and exercizing. I'm not ready for all that yet. I pretty much had to quit drinking coffee as part of this thing. Not a happy camper.


Anyway. The new Hulk looks pretty cool.

No comments: