Monday, February 13, 2006

Memory Lane

When they are writing the coffee table book of my life these pictures will be vitally important. Vitally.

Heh.

In honor of my brother and sister in law's one month anniversary, I am posting the results of a mini trip down memory lane with my parents. On the way back from LA on Saturday, we stopped for lunch at the Madonna Inn. Our family stayed there on a couple of road trips. I only remember one stay, in the Canary Cottage. Brat that I was, I was disappointed...I wanted to stay in one of these. If you are ever down the 101, you've got to stop and have lunch or dinner there. Often there are last minute cancellations for rooms, and you can stay there that night if you've got the clams. Reservations are months in advance otherwise.

By the time we got back to San Mateo, we had shared all of our family stories with Alex. We decided that we must make a pilgrimage to Pacifica where I was born and raised. So Sunday we loaded up in the car again and headed out. Pacifica is a very unique city with beautiful views of the Pacific and piney windswept cliffs. It was great to visit again.

Below are pix from our visits, with the very last one an aerial view of 844 Cape Breton care of Terraserver.

MPK

No comments: