Friday, March 03, 2006

Monte Alban Part One

The first tour we took was to Monte Alban, which is a huge archeological site on a hill outside the city proper. Here is a good overview. It's hard to photograph all of the aspects of this site. I climbed two of the platforms to get some pictures. My thighs for three days afterward were totally destroyed. I had to hang on to the railing of our hotel stairs to get down them. Flat walking was better, but just climbing onto a sidewalk was a challenge there for awhile.

The majesty of the site is marred somewhat by hawking vendors of some of the worst tripe I've ever seen. But they leave you alone after awhile.

Wikipedia has some good info on the site.

I really liked the museum too. The artifacts reminded me somewhat of those found in the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum.

MPK

No comments: