Thursday, September 22, 2005

Last one


The distinctive color of the smokestacks of the Cunard Line. To get us back on track for art...the paint was mixed of straight ochre (a form of iron oxide) and buttermilk. Evidently, the smokestacks got so hot that regular paint roasted right off. I assume the buttermilk was used just to achieve "flow" when painting it on, since it would burn right off too. Imagine how that must have smelled!

I have a few projects going on, and am neglecting all of them. All the travelling got me off track, but I'll be back in the studio again soon. I was toying with the idea of having a show in October at cricket engine but that isn't going to happen at this rate. Maybe in the spring.

For now I have to make pink art for pink week. Ack! Wish me luck. If you are interested in participating there is a form you can download at the link.

No comments: